Saturday, April 28, 2012

Rocky Patel - Vintage 1990 - 660



Strength: Full Bodied
Origin: Honduras
Wrapper: Maduro
Shape: Straight
Length: 6"
Ring Size: 60
Approx. cost: $5.00
Cigar Aficionado Rating: 88
Bdawg says:  One of the best looking cigars I have ever seen.   Deep dark reddish brown no flaws.   Complex taste full and rich.  Cloves and cedar.  Draw is a little wet and tight for my liking.   Which you wouldn't expect in a 60 gager.  Beautiful tight white ash.   Slow even burn.   Would have rated this cigar higher if the draw was a little looser. 3 Hearts!
I enjoyed this fine cigar with a new holland oatmeal stout.  An excellent beer, very soft on the palette with a mild stout flavor.

WAIT I SECOND!  HOLD ON!  STOP THE PRESSES!
Say it ain't so Rocky!  This cigar turned out be be quite a mess.  About half way through, it started to burn very uneven and became unsmokable.  This does not happen often with a Rocky Patel.  I have a couple more of these in my humidor.  I will have to try another one.  Stay Tuned!  For now 1 heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment