Monday, June 4, 2012

Montecristo - #2

 
Strength: Mild
Origins: Cuba
Wrapper: Connecticut
Shape: Torpedo
Length: 6"
Ring size: 50
Approx cost: £14.50
Cigar Aficianado Rating: 95
Bdawg says: What a perfect night. The weather was sunny with a little chill in the air. We started the evening grilling steaks in the old barn outside. While the charcoal was heating up, I enjoyed an H. Upmann 1844 Reserve and a Blue Moon Wheat ale.

When dinner was over, came the difficult task 
of choosing what to drink with our Montecristo #2's. 
I chose Glenlivet 18 year old scotch
 
 
 
 
 


We then moved out to the campfire to enjoy our booty!













This cigar did not have a fancy label, actually it was quite plain. The color was a medium tan and was smooth with little veining. As soon as I took my first puff of this fine cigar, I knew this was something special. Flavorful but ultra smooth. The flavor reminded me of cashews, light toast and cream. The draw was nice and easy. The ash perfect, long, tight and white. (twss). I hated for this cigar to end, smoking it right to the the ultra-nub. After I began to burn my fingers, I reluctantly flicked the nub into the campfire and tossed back the last sip of my scotch.

Thanks BPatrick for a wonderful evening. Thanks Mike C. for the Montecristo #2. An evening I will not soon forget!

**UPDATE 12/19/13**  This cigar has just been Ranked as the #1 Cigar of 2013 by Cigar Aficionado!

1 comment:

  1. We all had a great time...we should do this regularly...the good cubans cigars can be smoked past the band and still not get bitter. Great review, you nailed it

    ReplyDelete