Friday, July 13, 2012

AKA - Respect - Hooah

 
Strength: medium - full
Origins: Texas, USA
Wrapper: Dark Ecuadorian Habano Wrapper
Length: 5.5"
Ring size: 50
Approx cost: $8.5
Bdawg says:    AKA (American Kick Ass) Cigars is a new boutique manufacturer that started selling to the public just a little over a year ago (May 2011).  The company is based out of Richardson, TX (near Dallas).  I have been fortunate enough to have some e-mail correspondence with the owner.  He seems very likable, energetic, and passionate about his cigars. 
I first tried an AKA cigar just a few months back.  I tried their "Hybrid" brand, and loved it so much, I knew I had to try their other brand, "Respect", as soon as I could get my hands on one.  Well today is my lucky day! 

This is a gorgeous cigar.  Beautifully constructed  oily chocolate brown  wrapper.  Perfect draw, nice and easy, but not too loose.  Each puff produces a bounty of smoke.  The salt and pepper colored ash is long and tight.  The strength is medium-full and extremely smooth.  Complex flavors of coffee, earth, and cedar with a peppery bite on the finish.   The burn was slow and even.  The cigar was consistently smooth all the way to the nub.  A real finger burner!

I enjoyed this fine cigar with an Avion Anejo Tequila on the rocks. 
The mellow sweetness of the tequila was the perfect accompaniment
to Respect's bold flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment