Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Montecristo - White Label - Short Belicoso

 
Strength:  Mild 
Origins:  Dominican
Wrapper:  Ecuadorian Connecticut Shade    
Shape:  torpedo
Length:  4"
Ring Size:  60
Approx. cost:  $3.50
Bdawg says:  A short wide, tightly packed cigar. A golden brown, smooth, oily, well constructed wrapper. The draw is slightly tight, the ash is blackish grey. The flavor is tangy and earthy. The draw is slow and even. 

... However, not a fan. This is just an OK cigar. The belicoso shape and the shortness of the cigar, just didn't work for me.  I would have liked to smoke this short cigar down to the nub.  But the belicoso shape made it very hard to handle.  I just kept hoping not to drop it into my lap.  Sometimes I smoke in the nude, and this cigar terrified me! (jk)  Montecristo would have been much better off making this a straight 4x60. 

Oliva/Cain does this size much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment