Monday, August 26, 2013

Mission Pipe and Cigar Shop - Pleasanton, CA

 
Location:  4001 Santa Rita Rd, Pleasanton, CA 94588
Phone:  (925) 463-0100
Website:  http://missionpipecigarshop.com/
Hours:  Mon-Fri:10am-8:30 pm,  Sat. 9:30 am - 6:30 pm,  Sun: 10 am - 5 pm
Alcohol:  no

Selection:  good
Cigar prices:  competitive

Bdawg says:  It's the day after Christmas.  Me and my family are visiting my sister-in-law and her family in Pleasanton, CA.  They're great people.  They have a beautiful big house.  But we've been here a few days already and I need to get away from the crowd.  I need some down time from the hustle and bustle.  I need to find a cigar shop and decompress.  So, I google "Cigar shops" on my I-phone and bingo, a cigar shop pops up, and it is only 2 miles away!

This cigar shop is in a strip mall, not exactly an overwhelming facade.  But once inside, I feel right at home.  A good selection of cigars and a friendly staff.  I pick out a couple cigars, grab a diet coke from their fridge (no alcohol allowed) and head back to their small lounge in the back of the store.  A couple TV's, and old comfortable leather seating.  Enough room for 8-12 people.  There were about 5-6 other aficionados in the lounge.  I enjoyed 3 hours of great conversation and relaxation.  And even a couple Christmas cookies brought in by one of the regulars.  

Just what I needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment