Friday, August 30, 2013

New Belgium Brewing Company - Fort Collins, CO

 

Location:  500 Linden, Fort Collins, Colorado
Phone:  (970) 221-0524
Website:  
http://www.newbelgium.com/home.aspx
Hours:  Tue-Sat 10 am - 6 pm

Selection:  great!
Bdawg says:  On a recent trip to Colorado, I was fortunate enough to be able to visit a brewery that makes one of my all-time favorite beers.  (And I ain't talking about Coors lite!)

A sampling of some of their specialty beers:  Pink Peppercorn IPA, Cocoa Mole,
Lost Abbey Collabaration, and my very favorite...Bierre de Mars.
I tried all 10 of their "Lips of Faith" beers, which are their specialty beers.  Typically they are sold in 22 oz. bombers.  I was able to sample each of them straight from the tap 5 oz at a time.Here are my scores:

La Follie (Sour Brown ale) - 3
Bierre de Mars (ale brewed with spices) - 4
Tart Lychee (American wild) - 3
Pink Peppercorn IPA (IPA) - 3
Cocoa Mole (Ale with Cocoa and spices) - 2
Lost Abbey Collaboration (Belgium Style Ale) - 3
Ken's Hefe (Heffeweizen)  - 3
Valentine Ale (Pink Pomegranite) - 3
Cascadian Dubbel (Black IPA) - 3
Billy Beer (American Heffeweizen) - 3.5


This was a really cool place with a laid back neat vibe.  Everything about the experience was fantastic!
Beer Rating 3.5,  Overall Experience 4!





Citradelic IPA
6% abv
Bdwag says:  A light IPA with a hint of tangerine.
Smooth and goes down easy.
3.5 Hearts


Slow Ride
Session IPA
4.5% abv
Bdawg says:  Nice.  Like a Coor lite with a little hoppy tang.
3 Hearts


Heavy Melon
Ale brewed with Melon and Lime
5% abv
Bdawg says:  Exactly as advertised.  Trouble is
I'm not so sure I like to drink my watermelon.
2.5 Hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment