Saturday, September 21, 2013

Oliva - Serie V - Special V Figurado ****Review #500****

 
Strength:  medium
Origins:  Nicaragua
Wrapper:  Habano Sun Grown
Shape:  Figurado
Length:  6"
Ring size: 60
Approx. cost:  $9
Bdawg says:  #500!  I posted my first cigar rating on March 14th of 2010. It's taken me 3 1/2 years to get here.  I wanted to pick a special cigar to match this milestone.  The Oliva V did not disappoint. 
 
A reddish brown, oily, well constructed wrapper.  The draw was perfect with just the right amount of resistance.  Producing a tight powdery grey ash.  The flavor was smooth, well balanced, coffee, dark chocolate, subtle Indian spices, with a dark rum finish.  The burn was slow and even. 
  
I enjoyed this great cigar with a Sam Adams Octoberfest.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment