Thursday, February 20, 2014

A.F. - Fuente Fuente Opus X - Super Belicoso ****Review #600****

 
Strength:  medium - full
Origins:  Dominican Republic
Wrapper:  Dominican
Shape:  Torpedo
Length:  5.5"
Ring size:  52
Approx. cost:  $13
Bdawg says:  #600!  I posted my first cigar rating on March 14th of 2010. It's almost 4 years later and I have hit another milestone.  600 Cigars rated!  I wanted to pick a special cigar for this special occasion.  So here it goes...   


The Fuente Fuente Opus X is Cigar Aficionado's #13 cigar of 2013 and I love it!

Believe it or not, this is the first time I have tried an Opus X.  Why did I wait so long?!   This is a terrific cigar!  It is a Dominican Puro.  The wrapper is medium brown and perfectly constructed.  The draw is easy producing a tight powdery grey ash.  The favor is complex, leather, spice, and a caramely finish.  The burn is slow and even.  

Beautiful!   This is definitely one of my Top 10 cigars!

I enjoyed this fine cigar on my 51st birthday.  Accompanied by a 
Woodford Reserve on the rocks, while watching the second season 
of House of Cards. Ain't Life Grand!



















Click here for more information on Arturo Fuente Cigars.


*****UPDATE****
Cigar Aficionado has ranked the PerfeXion X version of this cigar as their #6 cigar of the 2014.

***UPDATE 12/23/19***  The Churchill version of this cigar was just named as CA's #8 cigar of 2019.


No comments:

Post a Comment