Thursday, March 6, 2014

Montecristo - Gran Reserva - #2

 
Strength:  Medium full
Origins:  Cuban
Wrapper:  Habano
Shape:  Torpedo
Length:  6.125"
Ring Size:  52
Approx. Cost: $25
Bdawg says:  The ultra select Montecristo No.2 Gran Reserva was released in 2011.  The Gran Reservas are made with older tobaccos than those in a traditional Montecristos.  The tobacco to make the cigars were from the 2005 harvest and then aged for at least five years prior to rolling into cigars.  Gran Reservas come with secondary bands in black and gold, with a scripted and intertwined GR.  The Montecristo No.2 Gran Reserva was only released in 5000 numbered units.  And I have been lucky enough to get my hands on a few of these wonderful sticks!

The wrapper is gorgeous, Hershey bar colored, oily, shiny, and well constructed.  The draw is easy producing a tight white ash.  The flavor is sublime!  Ultra smooth, rich, cocoa, leather, dark rum.  The burn was slow and even.

THIS IS THE BEST CIGAR I HAVE EVER SMOKED!

The weather was cold and snowy when I smoked this cigar.  I enjoyed with a Four Roses on the rocks while watching "Boardwalk Empire".  I have 8 more of these beautiful cigars in the I Heart Cigars Humidor.  I am going to save them for special occasions.  Maybe the first hot summer day, poolside, with a mojito...

1 comment:

  1. Great news...I have a few of these sitting/aging in my humidor waiting for just the right occasion. After reading your review, I'm smoking this select version of my favorite cigar this Saturday! Boardwalk Empire is one of my favorite shows...I think this will go well with Lagavulin and Season 1. I'll let you know my thoughts after I smoke it.

    ReplyDelete