Monday, April 7, 2014

Alec Bradley - Raices - Toro

 
Strength:  Medium full
Origins:  Honduran
Wrapper:  Honduran
Shape:  straight
Length:  6"
Ring size:  54
Approx. cost:  $9
Bdawg says:  I'm sitting here in one of my favorite hangout's, King Corona Cigars in Ybor City.  I am trying on of Alec Bradley's new brands Raices, and it is very enjoyable.  The wrapper is medium brown, oily and well constructed.  The draw is easy producing a tight white ash.  The flavor is smooth, cedar and coffee with cream.  The burn is.....woah....wait a minute...what's happening here.

I am about half way through and the label is quite large, so I must take it off.  They have used so musch glue on the label that the wrapper spirals off with the label.  What to do?  I take it to the clerk, whoe is very friendly and knowledgable, and he says he will replace.  But that he would like to take the label off of the replacement cigar.  He carefully tries to remove the label.  But cannot without taking some of the wrapper with it.  I smoke it anyway.  But have to ding this otherwise promising cigar half a point for the prablem with the label/wrapper.

No comments:

Post a Comment