Friday, April 25, 2014

Man O' War - Side Projects - Phalanx

 
Strength: medium full
Origins: Nicaragua
Wrapper: Pennsylvania Broadleaf Maduro
Shape: straight
Length: 6.5"
Ring size: 60
Approx. Cost: $8
Bdawg says: The wrapper is dark brown and rustic. The draw is easy producing a powdery white ash. The flavor is bold, black pepper, cedar, and coffee. The burn was slow and even.

On my first attempt at this cigar, it immediately started splitting near the cap.  Resulting is excess air to be sucked in, and an unnatural mouth feel.  Since I was enjoying it at one of my favorite places on earth, Cigars International in Hamburg, they reluctantly replaced it and the next one was fine.
 
I was actually unhappy with having to argue with the staff at Cigars International about getting a replacement.  One salesman literally refused to exchange the cigar, another finally exchanged it after an unnecessary argument, but did so very rudely.  At every other cigar store I have visited, if there is a problem with a cigar, they replace it no questions asked.  On this day, Cigar International's customer service failed to satisfy.  I will however give them another chance as this is the first time I have had a bad experience at this establishment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment