Friday, February 6, 2015

Magic Hat Brewing Co. - S. Burlington, VT

 
Magic Hat Brewing Co.  
Location:  5 Bartlett Bay Rd., S. Burlington, VT
Hours:  Mon-Thur 10am-6pm, Fri-Sat 10am-7pm, Sun 12-5pm
Website:  www.magichat.net
Selection:  many beers on tap
Food:  No
Bdawg says: Magic Hat #9 is one of my favorite beers of all-time.  So, I was very excited to visit the Magic Hat Brewery.  It was really cool looking outside and in.  Unfortunately the experience was just so-so.  This is mainly due to state laws of Vermont.  We were limited to 4 small samples, and could not drink any pints on the premises.  How can you pick just 4 beers to sample out of approx. 12 on tap.  I usually like to sample most or all, and then I buy a pint of my favorite to enjoy.  Alas this could not be done.

JBird trying a sample of Magic Hat!
Stealin' Time
Pale Wheat ale brewed with ginger
5.5% abv
3 Hearts

Slow Ride
Session IPA
4.5% abv
3 Hearts

Poppy Agave Ale
Pale Ale
5% abv
3 Hearts
#9
Pale Ale
5,1% abv
Bdawg says:  One of my favorite beers of all time.
Slight hint of apricot.  Very well balanced.
4 Hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment