Sunday, January 24, 2016

Padron - Family Reserve 50 Years Natural - No. 50

 
****I Heart Cigars 1000th Cigar Rating****
Strength:  Medium
Origins:  Nicaragua
Wrapper:  Nicaraguan Natural
Shape:  box pressed
Length:  5"
Ring Size:  54
Approx. cost:  $25
Bdawg says:   This is a big milestone for I Heart Cigars.  The 1000th Cigar rating!  My first cigar rating was almost 6 years ago.  Rocky Patel Edge Maduro earned a perfect score of 4 Hearts on 3/14/10.  To this day, The Edge is one of my go to cigars.   This blog is a journal of a great passion of mine.  I describe myself as a traveling salesman by trade and a Cigar Connoisseur at heart.  6 years, 1000 different cigars (please don't do the math), many miles, and many memories.  Plus 85 breweries in 19 states, several distilleries and many cigar lounges.  It's been quite a ride so far...

Padron Family Reserve 50 Years Natural is Cigar Aficionado's #5 Cigar of 2015.  And it is terrific!  It is a beautiful cigar.  The wrapper is medium brown, oily, and very well constructed.  The draw is easy producing an abundance of billowy smoke and a powdery white ash.  The flavor is cashews, cedar, cream, and then a fairly strong white pepper finish kicks you in the taste buds.  The burn was slow and even.  Love it !

I enjoyed this special cigar with a Woodford Reserve Distillers Select on the rocks.


No comments:

Post a Comment