Monday, June 27, 2016

Wedgewood Brewing Co. - Middlebury, IN

 
Location:  106 Main St., Middlebury, IN
Hours:    Tues-Fri 3pm-9pm,  Sat 1pm-9pm; Sun-Mon closed
Selection:  only 4 beers on tap.
Food:  No food service, but can order from the restaurant next door and carry in.
Bdawg says:  After spending the morning biking the pumpkin vine, My wife and I stopped by this little gem of a brewery.  Very tiny.  Seats only about 15.  But very nice inside.  Granite countertops and 70's albums playing.  

This is a new brewery, only 5 weeks old when I visited.  A Dad and son own and run it.  I met the son who went to school with my daughter.  Very nice guy and a passionate brewer.   Great folks, great beer, great digs.  I highly recommend !

Here are my thoughts on their beer.
Electric Leaf IPA
7.4% abv
Bdawg says:  Perfect!  Bright and sunny.
4 Hearts
Big Wood Smoked IPA
7.4% abv
Bdawg says:  A subtle smokiness, with a hint of bourbon on the finish.  
3.5 Hearts
Rock a Rye Boogie
Rye Porter
5% abv
Bdawg says:  One dimensional, but adequate.  
3 Hearts
Crystal Ship 
Pale Ale
5.5% abv
Bdawg says:  A nice pale ale 
3 Hearts

Yipster
Pale Ale
5.7% abv
4 Hearts

Labour of Love
Oatmeal Stout
8.5% abv
3.5 Hearts


No comments:

Post a Comment