Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Rocky Patel - Edge - Torpedo - Maduro

 
Strength: medium - full
Origins: Honduras
Wrapper: Costa Rican, Sumatra
Shape: Torpedo
Length: 6"
Ring size: 52
Approx. cost: $6
Cigar Aficianado Rating: 86
Bdawg says: This is my 100th CIGAR RATED! To mark the occasion, I thought it would be befitting to rate another Rocky Patel Edge, like I did in my very first post back in March  2010. Rocky Patel Edge was one of my first true cigar loves and still is today!  In my very first post I rated an Edge Toro Maduro. For my 100th, I will be rating an Edge Torpedo Maduro.

First of all, let me clarify, I am not talking about "Edge Squared" or "Edge 2nds".  They are inferior cigars in my opinion.  I am talking about the THE EDGE.

This cigar is very firm. The wrapper is dark brown oily and veiny. The draw is easy, yet each puff only burns the cigar down just a little bit. The ash is very tight, long, and white. The flavor is complex, earthy, with hints of mellow espresso. I have probably smoked more Edges than any other cigar.   I have learned that there are better cigars out there, but not many.  Rocky Patel Edges have always been consistently good and this one was no exception.
Long Live Rocky!

No comments:

Post a Comment