Monday, October 8, 2012

Rocky Patel - Fifty - Robusto

 
Strength: medium - full
Origins: Honduras
Wrapper: Ecuadorean Habano Oscuro
Shape: Box pressed straight
Length: 5.5"
Ring size: 50
Approx. cost: $18
Cigar Aficionado Rating:  91
Bdawg says: This cigar was produced to celebrate Rocky Patel's 50th birthday. It was in development for 4 years and uses tobacco that was aged at least 8 years. It was made in 3 sizes and only 2000 boxes of each size produced.  I don't usually pay this much for a cigar, but I am a HUGE Rocky fan! So here it goes...
This cigar is semi-firm to the touch!  Beautiful reddish brown speckled wrapper. The draw is easy producing great volumes of billowy smoke. The ash is dark gray and long. The flavor smooth and peppery. The burn even and medium paced.  I thoroughly enjoyed this cigar. Would I buy another? Probably not at this price. Happy 50th Rocky!




I enjoyed this cigar in my garage with a Guiness Black Lager while watching the Bears demolish the Jaguars.
 
*UPDATE 1/3/12:  This cigar was ranked as the #8 Cigar of 2012 by Cigar Aficionado.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment